The Ticker Factory

The Ticker Factory

Cutestblogontheblock

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Spirited Child

Avery is what you call a spirited child. Meaning a child who is a little more intense than others. One that is more persistent and louder than other children. Their tantrums are longer and more dramatic. I read about this at babycenter.com. I was questioning in my mind what I was doing wrong as a parent. I thought I wasn't handling Avery the right way.

Owen was very different at Avery's age. He was very calm and when he got upset I could fix it easily by holding him or distracting him. Avery on the other hand is very different. She is so very passionate about the things she wants. Although it can be very challenging in stores or in the car, or even at home, I can't help but love this girl with all of my heart of coarse. She keeps me on my toes and makes me look at how I come accross with my children and I have also tried some of the tips they mention at babycenter.com. So far the tips have been helping and it gave me reassurance that there are other parents going through the same thing!

I love my passionate, intense, persistent, spirited Avery!! (She looks so innocent in the pictures below. LOL :)










No comments:

Post a Comment